Feed

May 7, 2010

Erwin, TN (4-29-10)

Today was a bit overwhelming. I got to the trailhead around noon. Right next to the trailhead is Uncle Johnny's Hostel, which is the main tru-hiker destination in town. I signed-in, got a shower and had a few sodas out of the vending machine.

Uncle Johnny's does shuttles to and from town - and for lunch, we went to Pizza Plus (or World or something) which has a Cici's-Pizza-like buffet. It felt good to stuff myself like that.

Afterward, we came back to the hostel and I got a chance to do laundry - putting on clean, warm clothes is an amazing feeling, which I haven't had a in a few weeks.

For dinner, we went to the mexican restaurant in town, where I ordered one of the combination dinners - nothing special. I had trouble finishing my dinner, but I eventually did. For the next couple hrs, I was on the verge of throwing-up - I guess my bosy wasn't sure what to do with all of the food.

It's time for bed now. I'm clean, my clothes are clean, I'm re-supplied on food and my phone and spare battery are charged. About the only thing that I didn't do was get on the internet or catch-up on phone calls. We're in a valley, which apparently does not have TMobile/ATT service - I guess I'll have to wait until I get back out on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 1.2 Million Steps All rights reserved.