Feed

Apr 2, 2010

It Starts (4/2/10)

It's actually happening. After several months of planning/thinking about this trip, the time has come to actually leave. Yesterday at work was a blitz trying to finish everything I could and passing off the stuff that I couldn't. Today, Christine will be driving me to Springer Mtn trail-head, where we'll both hike up to the top, sign in and probably take some pictures.

This morning I've been scrambling to put all of my stuff together. I shouldn't have waited until the last minute to do this ...but, oh well. I finalized/packed the food I'll need to bring. It should be enough for three days - we'll see how that goes once I get out there.

From AT 2010


I don't know what this hike will be like. It's scary but also exciting at the same time. I may not like it once I get out there; I may have the time of my life. There's no way to know unless I give it a shot. So, here I go.

From AT 2010

2 comments:

  1. "May the road (Appalachian Trail) rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face. And the rains fall softly upon your tented hammock." My adaptation of an "Irish Blessing" to honor you as you begin your AT adventure. We are all looking forward to hearing from you soon. You are amazing Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I had this dream where instead of hiking the trail, you were hiking on Mars??
    Just wait 10 years for that one.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2010 1.2 Million Steps All rights reserved.