Feed

Apr 24, 2010

Roaring Fork shelter (4-22-10)

For breakfast this morning, I had a microwaved bbq rib sandwich and a sleeve of oreos - and I washed it all down with a Mello Yello. I was delicious and kept me going for the first part of the day.

I started off the day wearing wet pants b/c my clothes had not finished drying from last evening. Thirty minutes after I started hiking, they were dry and I was ready to move on to shorts/tshirt - which were also still wet.

The morning was all uphill and I climbed for about 6 miles, ending at a bald. Once I got up there, I took a nice long break and took advantage of the cell service up there - something that was missing while I was in the Smokies!

Later in the day, it was Max Patch Bald. I've seen a number of balds at this point, but this one blew the rest out of the water. It was incredible - like an entire mountain, but with no trees. Once we got to the summit of the bald, we discovered the remains of some trail magic that someone had left - 4 PBRs and a single peanut butter cookie. Much appreciated.

From AT 2010


I finished the day at Roaring Fork shelter. There, I caught up with Squeeze Cheese and we found out that we were both from ATL - and (not very suprisingly) it turns out that we both did all of our training on Kennessaw Mtn.

Today was an easy day. Tomorrow, I should end up just short of Hot Springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 1.2 Million Steps All rights reserved.